Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Title Escapes Me

I try, I really try, to keep an open mind and remember that most people have good intentions (or at least I'd like to think they do). Then, there is a part of me that just doesn't care, and I often find myself getting angry at the lack of sensitivity some people exhibit. Deployment is challenging, but it is part of military life. You will find that most military families are strong, well-prepared, and just do what they need to do, without complaint. It doesn't matter where a soldier is deploying to -- separation is STILL HARD. Wives miss their husband's companionship, children miss their father...I could go on and on. In a nutshell, if you have not experienced a deployment on a personal level, you do not understand. I am very lucky in that I have some very good friends who, although not even remotely connected to the military, seem to get it. I am so thankful for their encouraging words and kindness. I am also very lucky to have family members who get it, too. I do not know what I would do without them. I'm not really sure why I am even posting any of this. I think sometimes I just get frustrated and need to vent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, something must have set this post off. I think you're right, that most people just don't get it unless they've been there. I keep telling myself that when someone says something beyond stupid to me about deployment or the whole infertility thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think it was more about just letting off some steam that has been building up all summer long. Too much unnecessary drama that didn't need to be happening. Most people have good intentions, but I think at times it can wear on a person (THIS person...ha!).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message...I love to hear from readers!