Thursday, November 25, 2010

Settling In, Here and There


These past couple of weeks have been difficult. I think all four of us have been having some growing pains...I can't speak for Steve, but I know it has been tough here back home. Both of the boys have been having been struggling, between feeling insecure, having nightmares, and acting naughty (mainly Griffin on that last point, ahem). I've attributed this to the fact that we don't have ready access to Steve anymore, we don't have Skype up and running yet...it just hasn't been much fun.
The good news is, with each little bump in the road, I know the boys and I come out of it a little bit stronger. I mostly can't get over what a different experience this all is, in comparison to the last deployment. Sometimes I feel like I've never been through it before! The other good news is that it feels so good that now, we can really look forward to Steve coming home. Baby steps though...right now I am aiming for R & R in approximately four months.

*********************
For Thanksgiving Day, the boys and I are really lucky to have my parents here with us. We are having a small dinner at their house next door - - I am afraid I will mostly be sniffing the food and not eating...still recovering from gallbladder surgery a couple of days ago! I'm just happy they are here with us!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have all managed some restful holiday time today at least - hope you're not feeling too rough after gallbladder surgery, that sounds awful! Glad to hear that you're all hanging in there though, even though it's not easy, and that you've at least got a countdown on the go for R&R!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message...I love to hear from readers!